Thursday, January 9, 2014

MDS Blog Hop - Wallpaper!!


Happy Thursday!  It's time for the first MDS Blog Hop of the New Year!!  If you've never followed along with us before, here's the scoop… A bunch of us have joined together to share our passion for digital designing with Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS). These ladies are crazy-talented in MDS and I am thrilled to be on the Hop with them! We usually host our blog hops on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month. We will have a "theme" selected on the first hop of the month and then a "what are you working on" for the second hop.  We hope you'll join us!!

Today's theme was to create a phone or computer screen/wallpaper.  I've had the same one on my computer for quite awhile now so it was definitely time for a change!!  I had fun playing with this (once I found my mojo) and ended up with three wallpapers!  Here is my favorite one:


I've already added this to my laptop and love it:


Downloads Used:
Love More, Meant to Be, Autumn Elements (flower flourish), Timeless Type Alphabet, Be Yourself (background recolored)

Next, I wanted to play around with the chalkboard look.  I created this wallpaper in about 5 minutes:


This was so simple to create!  First, I inserted the background paper from the Grateful Pocket Cards.  Then, I added an embellishment from the Be Awesome Today download and recolored it white.  I love the way it looks like chalk!  Last, I added a cute little banner embellishment from Places I've Been.  Waalaaa - super easy!

Then, I was having so much fun I decided to create one more:


I mean, who doesn't love monograms??  Why not monogram your computer screen?! This was also simple to create.  I used the same background as before, added a couple flag embellies from This & That Epic Day and made my monogram with the "Monogram KK" font.  Kinda cute, right?

I cannot wait to see what the other designers created!  If you're following along with us, Beth is next on our hop.  Simple click the button below to visit her blog!


Thanks for stopping by!  We hope you'll be inspired to create in MDS!!

Reminders:

Signature - Tree

5 comments:

Cindy Schuster said...

These are all fantastic! I love the bible verse. A fav of mine too!

Holly VanDyne said...

Oh my gosh - I love all of them but the middle one is to die for! LOVE that chalkboard look (and the banners are super-cute!)

Holly VanDyne said...

Oh my gosh - I love all of them but the middle one is to die for! LOVE that chalkboard look (and the banners are super-cute!)

beth rush said...

love them all! I think I am going to be changing my wallpaper a lot this year! they are so fun!

A Touch of SOL said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE The Best way to predict the future...Definitely need to make that one