Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hi there!!  Today's MDS Blog Hop is all about Father's Day!  We've been out of town for almost 2 weeks so I'm totally cheating on today's hop - sorry!!  I hate to post a card of mine that you might have seen on the MDS.net site but…. I'm still playing catch up from being out of town and don't have an ounce of creative juices flowing through my veins right now!! Sorry… but here it is:


I actually really love this Father's Day card and will be giving it to a special someone this weekend. :)  I haven't done a whole lot of hybrid stuff but this came together really easily.  I have always loved the Designer Series paper in the World Traveler Photobook Template.  I thought the grungy, masculine look of this paper would be perfect for a Father's Day card.  I used MDS to create all of the different elements of my card.  I filled punches with DSP and created my sentiment (All Holidays Stamp Brush Set) with some added stitching.  I printed and cut out each piece for the card -- I used my Framelits dies to cut out the hearts.  Then, I added a layer, some Linen Thread, some Stampin' Dimensionals and a brad.  This was so fun to put together!!


I'm anxious to see what the other designers have created this time around!  If you're following along with us, next up on our hop is Beth Rush.  She always has some super creative projects!  Click on the button below to hop on over to her blog! :)


Thanks for hopping along with us - we love your comments and hope we provide you with some MDS inspiration!

Have a terrific Thursday!!

Reminders:

Signature - Tree

3 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

I knew I recognized the paper... what a lovely way of using it!

Wendie Waldman said...

A great card!

beth rush said...

great card Cori! love that you printed out the paper, i never think to print out paper, i always print out stamps! MDS has so many great papers, i love the world traveler too!