Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Countdown to Cancer Free


Two weeks from today I will be having surgery for colorectal cancer. I have been a roller coaster of emotions lately and not sleeping well (maybe that's partly due to the radiation induced menopause?! Lucky me!). If I let these emotions get the best of me, I feel nervous, a little angry, scared, and dreading what's to come. But then I'm reminded not to let those worries creep inside of my head. I try not to count down the remainder of my "rest days" because it just makes me more anxious. So I keep telling myself that with that countdown I'm just one day closer to being cancer-free!!

I continue to witness God shining brightly through this storm by the kindness, prayers and strengthened faith in myself, my family and in others. I wanted to share this from a devotional that a sweet someone sent to me:

God is in every tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding a sunrise,
Guidance and strength for my way;
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain.

Ahhhh, don't you love it? Oh how those words resonated with me today. I hope they touch someone else as well.

Have a happy day!!

Signature - Tree

No comments: