Thursday, October 28, 2010

Save the Hooters!

Wow, what a journey!  Last weekend, I walked in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for a Cure in Atlanta.  It was such an amazing experience!  I laughed, cried, spent time with good friends, made some new ones, prayed for those I was walking for, counted my blessings, and got a couple of blisters.... and it was worth every step!  I spent the weekend engulfed in pink - which inspired a few of these creations....


Isn't this cute?  This is a little photo album I made for my teammates.  I took one of those inexpensive photo albums from Wal Mart, and added the cover, pierced holes in the spine with my crop-a-dile, and threaded the ribbon through it.  Super easy, but a fun keepsake to carry around!

Supplies Used:
120175  Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
119275  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
120651  Word Play Stamp Set (I LOVE this set!)
120142  Occasional Quotes Stamp Set (Hostess Stamp Set)
118874  Extra Large Scallop Circle Punch
101179  Basic Black Classic Stampin' Ink Pad


I was able to raise over $2400 for the 3-Day to help with breast cancer awareness and research.  I could not have done it without the help of so many generous people.  I'll be making over 50 (well-deserved) thank you notes!!  Here are a couple of them:



I just love the Owl Punch!  It punches all of the pieces I need to make this adorable little owl.  I printed out the phrase "Save the Hooters" on my computer before punching it out for my card.  Too cute!

Supplies Used:
118074  Two-Step Owl Punch
119275  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
119849  Modern Label Punch
117155  Designer Series Patterns Paper Stack in Brights



Supplies Used:
119849  Modern Label Punch
117335  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folders
115060  Short & Sweet Stamp Set  (super fun set for various greetings)


And finally, I wanted to post a few pictures from last weekend!

 Our Team

Opening Ceremonies - loved this!
Home Sweet Home
Camp - you can hear the person in the tent next to you breathing - I'm not kidding!
Closing Ceremonies - the survivors that walked.
60 miles - we did it!!!



2 comments:

Mimi said...

Congratulations on a special job well done!
Your albums are cute and the thank you notes adorable.

Betty Anne said...

Wow thats amazing that you raised so much for such a great cause. I love the albums and cards you made and also enjoyed getting to see some of the pictures.