Saturday, September 1, 2012

Paper Flower Box & Mini Cards

Wow!  September 1st.....?!  So much going on this month!!  First, there's a new challenge over at Stampin' Celebration today!!  I loved the photos Rochelle put together for us!


Here is what I was inspired to create:


Who wouldn't love to receive a box full of fun little 3x3 cards and envelopes?!  This would make a great teacher, neighbor or hostess gift.


Don't you love this flower?  I've been wanting to try these paper flowers and finally did!  You can download a pdf of the paper flower tutorial here.  They are so easy (4 simple steps) and look so elegant!


So, now that you know how to make the flower, let's talk about the box!  I wanted something similar to the Fancy Favor Box but not as deep.  I started out with a  piece of cardstock measuring 4.5 x 11.5".  I used my Simply Scored tool and scored it at 1.5" 5", 6.5" and 10".  I then turned it and scored it once at 1.5".  I cut the center bottom flap and cut off one of the corners as well.  Once it's all scored and cut, it should look like this:


I used my bone folder to get a good crease and decorated the front of the box.  I folded it together and adhered it with Sticky Strip.  I added a 1" wide handle after it was assembled.  The 3x3 cards and envelopes fit perfectly inside!  If you make one, I'd love to hear about it!


To see the other Stampin' Celebration Design Team projects, make sure and hop along with us!  Here are the links for this month's Stampin' Celebration Blog Hop:
We hope you can join us this month at Stampin' Celebration.  Simply link your project up to the Stampin' Celebration Blog by the 25th of the month.  Make sure and check out last month's "Pick of the Party" as well!  We can't wait to see your creations!!

Guess what else is new?!  The demand for the Spooktacular Offer was so great, Stampin' Up! decided to extend the offer two more weeks!  Woo hoo!!  Click here for more details!

It's also time for a new Stamps 2 Go!  This month you'll receive the Ghoulish Googlies Bundle with your samples, kits and instructions!  I'm working on sneak peeks so stay tuned.  To sign up now or for more info, visit the Stamps 2 Go page here.  You have until the 15th of the month to sign up!

And finally, to purchase/browse the products used in the above project, click the links below:


Thanks for visiting!!  Check back tomorrow for some more inspiration!

Reminders:

Signature - Tree

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea! Definitely a great gift idea. Thanks too for the dimensions of the box. :-)

Kristin Moore said...

That box is beautiful by itself, so filling it with cute little cards is just perfect!