Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's a Stampin' Celebration!!




So..... I have some exciting news!!  Last week, Krystal from Stampin' Celebration, invited me to join their Design Team!!  How could I refuse?!  I'm ecstatic that I get to join such a fun challenge site full of amazing design team members!  I'm looking forward to playing along each week and hope to inspire some of you.  This is the week to join us, as we have some very fun images to spark your creativity and some blog candy as well!  Who can resist FREE Stampin' Up! products?!  So, here's the Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge (SCIC) for this week:


And here's what I created:



This little owl is ready to party!

Supplies Used:
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso & Designer Series Patterns Stack-Brights Collection
Stamps:  Birthday Bakery (hostess) & Afterthoughts (hostess)
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Other:  Two-Step Owl Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Brights Designer Buttons, Brights Designer Brads, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

I'm not usually one to cut out little stamped images, because I just don't have the patience for it.  But, I knew that little cupcake from the Birthday Bakery stamp set would be perfect for him to hold!  Also, I used the Owl Punch feet to make the bottoms of my balloons - pretty cute, huh?!

I do hope you can play along!!  You have until next Tuesday to upload your creation to Stampin' Celebration.  It can be a card, a scrapbook layout, or any other scrappy creation!  Make sure and check out the wonderful creations of the other design team members and leave a little love!  You might even be one of the lucky Top Three Picks and win some blog candy!!  Join the party at Stampin' Celebration for all of the details!

Thanks for stopping by!! 



19 comments:

Stacy said...

I love the owl- such a cute card!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, my...he is so cute with that hat! Congrats on the design team!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love the little cutie patootie owl. So cute! Can't wait to play along.

Unknown said...

Cori I'm so excited you are part of the Design Team! Super cute card too! I just love how you used the owl feet for the bottom of the balloon--so creative. :-)

Mimi said...

That balloon design is so cute, who would have thought to use the bottom of the feet. And the cupcake the owl is holding is a perfect size!
Congrats on getting invited to join the team.....you rock!

Sherrie Conner said...

Cute balloons! The owl feet are perfect! Great idea! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Unknown said...

I love punch art! Thanks for the ideas!

Michelle James said...

great job i love the owl!

Michelle James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Baks said...

Your balloons are perfect! How did you make them? Great job and congrats on the new DT gig!

VKMyers said...

Oh, my gosh. This card is so stinkin' Cute! Lvoe it!

Traci Tracy said...

Clever use of the owl feet for the balloons. Love it!

Jennie Maier said...

Love the used of the colorful DSP!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! It's wonderful how many ways that little owl can be decorated. He's adorable. Perfect for a child!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Your card is just too cute Cori!! I love the fun colors. Everything just pops off the white background. So gald to have you on the SCIC team!!

Emily Keaton said...

That little owl looks like he's having a fabulous time at the SCIC celebration this week. I love how he's all decked out for a party!! So colorful, too. :)

Candace Lawlor said...

Welcome to the team Cori! Love your first DT project, you really rocked this challenge. That owl is so cute!

Natasha said...

That little owl is too, too cute with his little hat!!
Congrats on becoming part of the DT too!!

bakscrap said...

I love your cute card Cori. I "linked" my own card at Stampin Celebration.