Thursday, August 15, 2013

MDS Blog Hop - Middle School Survival

Ooooh, I have some exciting news!!  I was asked to be a "regular" on the MDS Blog Hop!  I am so excited to join this group of super-talented digi designers!  I'm looking forward to sharing my love of MDS through the MDS Blog Hops with these ladies!    (So thank you for inviting me to be a part of this!)  :)

Today's Hop is all about Back-to-School or using the new pocket cards that have become so popular!

Since I have two middle schoolers this year (eek.. how did THAT happen?!), I decided to make a "Middle School Survival Guide" for my boys.  This is really just a different name for "journal"... because I'm not so sure my boys would think having a journal was a cool thing?

This would be fun printed through MDS as an 8 1/2 x 11 softcover photobook... But, since I'm the master procrastinator, that wasn't an option.  I was able to print it at home and bind it myself.  I love how it turned out and can add pages later as needed.

I used several of the pocket card downloads as well so I kind of hit both parts of the this month's theme.  (Yay me!)

Here is a picture of the journal after I printed and assembled it:


I really wanted to "cute" it up... but, I have boys... and even the ribbon was a stretch.  ;) Here is a picture of the inside:


The inside has lots of different pages to use as a calendar, notes, to-do list, Bible devotions, etc.






The last page is the back cover.  This would really be cute printed as a journal through Stampin' Up! as well.... I might have to make some personalized journals for their devotions.... hmmmmm.....

Lots of downloads used for this project.  If you like the pocket style look, I recommend: Happy Things Pocket Cards, This Makes Me Happy and Be Brave.
I also used:  Thoughtful Overlays
Back to School (one of my faves)
Fantabulous You
Notes & Details
Crosses of Hope
Be Awesome Today (another fave)

So.... I gave Evan his journal last night and he thought it was "awesome!"  He said it was kind of like a journal but cool and he couldn't wait to use it.  He also asked how long it took me and said I could sell them --that he would buy it. ;)  (Sweet boy!)

I thought I'd also show this super quick layout I made over the weekend while I was on a girls' scrapbook weekend.  I started with a template from the Family Fun Photobook Template.  I just changed the colors and added my photos - so quick and easy.  And, since it's my boys' first day of school photos, I thought I'd share! :)


I replaced the DSP in the circle punches with some from the Sycamore Street Download that was available during Sale-a-Bration.  Love that download!!


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop on over to the other designer's blogs! Simply click the thumbnails below.  And a big congrats to Julie Davidse who is also a new "regular" on the MDS Blog Hop!  I just love everything she creates!  :)




Reminders:



Signature - Tree
Post a Comment