Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stampin' Celebration Sketch Challenge #70

It's time for a new sketch challenge over at Stampin' Celebration!!  Are you ready to play along?!


Here's my take on this month's sketch:


If you've been following my blog and scrapbook pages lately, then you know I'm trying to make a dent in our Disney photos - I think I have two more trips to finish!?!? Anyway.... I've enjoyed looking at old photos from when my boys were smaller.... and an ice cream could make everything better. :)

The "Eat Yummy Treats" is from the Happy Hour Digital Kit and the ice cream stamp is from the April Showers Download.  I love to use the coloring tool to make the stamps match my layout! :)  The "Best Day Ever" embellishment is from the Happy Life Download.  (I love to use the Global Search Tool to find little elements I didn't even know I had....)

This was actually my second layout with this sketch.  My first attempt I wasn't as happy with, but here it is:


As you can see, I kept the photo frames and the clouds the same.  And instead of DSP along the bottom I created a little road using a border punch.  Kinda cute... but I couldn't decide if it was too busy.  Either way, I love documenting these memories and I'm moving on to the next layout....  lol :)

The little embellies and the background DSP are from the On the Go Downlaod.  The DSP inside the little road is from Back to School.

Make sure and check out the other Design Team creations by following our Blog Hop:

Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Allison Ohran - Sweet Impressions
Nina Dee - Deesigns by Nina Dee
Lauri Ingram - Paperville Crafts
Krista Jensen - Krista's Stamper Room
Anita Krul - My Paper Chronicles

We'd love for you to join us!!  You can use the sketch above or the inspiration photos posted on the 1st.  Check out the Stampin' Celebration Blog for all of the details!!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that we {heart} comments!  :)

Reminders:


Signature - Tree

2 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

We learn something each time we make a layout. I love both of these. It is fun to scrap earlier pictures.

stampinjul said...

You've got so much talent! I love everything you create!