I love making these little gift baskets. They're great to hold treats, baked goods, gift cards, etc. for friends, neighbors and teachers. We made these at the Holiday Giftacular Class. What fun!
Paper: Chocolate Chip (12x12), Holly Berry Bouquet DSP, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Stamps: Easy Events
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Old Olive Markers
Punches: Circle, Scallop Circle
Other: Real Red Ribbon, Crop-a-dile
For the tag I used the stamp set Easy Events. This is such a versatile set and comes with 8 different stamps.
#123225 (clear mount) $24.95
#116958 (wood mount) $32.95
Wondering how to make these fun little baskets? Keep reading.... :)
Gift Basket Tutorial
- Take a sheet of 12 x 12 card stock and score at 4" and 8". Turn 90 degrees and score again at 4" and 8". Fold at score lines.
- Take 2 sheets of DSP and cut into 3.75 x 3.75" squares.
- Take 8 of the squares and cut them in half diagonally. You should end up with 16 triangles.
- Glue all of the squares on both sides of the card stock to create the pattern you like on the basket.
- Now the tricky part... Pinch the 2 middle squares together creating a doubled triangle with the corner piece. Use a bone folder to score and crease the corners at a diagonal. Do this for all 4 corners.
- Use the crop-a-dile to punch small holes in all of the diagonal corners. You'll be punching through 2 layers of card stock at a time.
- Thread the ribbon through the holes, pull it tightly together and make your bow. Add a cute tag if desired!
I hope that wasn't too confusing!! The hardest part is getting those corner folds - once you get that down it's easy!! Our new Simply Scored tool makes the scoring a breeze!! Happy crafting! I'd love to hear how yours turns out! :)
- Check out the Clearance Rack - Shop 24/7! Visit my online store.
- Join the Club! Stamp Club members get crafty every other month!
- Join Stamps 2 Go! Click here to receive stamps, samples & a kit straight to your door!
- Come create with me! View my calendar here.
- Host a Workshop! Check out the new Hostess Benefits here.
- Order your Personalized Simply Adorned Charm! Details here.
- Follow me on Facebook! Click here.
- Going digi? Check out the latest My Digital Studio downloads here.